- Reception including the curio shop is open from 08:00 – 16:00 daily.
GATE OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES:
- Summer: 05:00 – 22:00
- Winter: 05:00 – 22:00
UMLALAZI RESORT CONTACT DETAILS:
- Telephone number: 035 340 1836 / 9
- Fax number: 035 340 1607
- Our curio shop is stocked with curios, books, cards, beers, wines, cool drinks, wood, charcoal and bait and is open every day between 08:00 – 16:00.
- We request you to check out by 10:00 on the day of your departure to afford us sufficient time to prepare chalets for our next guests.
- Please keep your checkout receipt safe as it will be requested from you when signing out at the main gate.
- Should you require checking out earlier than 07:00 please make arrangements a day before.
- Please be advised that should you not vacate your unit by 10:00 you will be charged the additional full daily rate.
- Your chalets are serviced daily between 07:30 and 14:00. Should you require your towels to be changed please leave them on the floor.
- Coin operated washing machines, tumble dryers and hand wash facilities are available at the rondavel complex.
- Only automatic washing powder can be used. No attendant is available to operate the machine. Change can be requested at the office. A coin operated washing machine and tumbler drier is available at Inkwazi camp.
BATHROOM RETRACTABLE DRYING LINE
- For your convenience each chalet has been equipped with a retractable drying line, where light items of laundry may be hung.
- Please do not hang any washing on the verandah.
- All chalets are equipped with locks and keys which are obtained upon check-in.
- Please ensure that your chalet key is left at reception when checking out.
- Firearms must be declared on arrival
- Canoes for use in the lagoon are available for hire.
- Please enquire at the reception office.
- The swimming pool is located at the northern end of the resort and is available for the use of residents only.
- There are no towels provided at the swimming pool therefore guests are requested to bring towels their own towels. No diving is allowed at this pool and children are not allowed to swim unsupervised.
- Each self-catering chalet is equipped with a braai stand.
- Fuel is available at Mtunzini garage about 2km from Umlalazi Resort.
- We request that you report any breakages to reception.
- For your convenience a public telephone is situated outside the reception area.
- Phone cards are available at the curio shop.
LOST AND FOUND
- All lost and found items are sent to our housekeeping department for safekeeping.
- Items will only be kept for a period of three months, after which they will be disposed of.
- Should you find that something in your room does not work, please inform the reception office for their immediate attention.
BLANKETS AND TOWELS
- Additional blankets are stored in the wardrobes.
- Should you require extras please contact housekeeping through reception.
- Please do not use the towel for wiping the floor or as a beach towel.
ICE / CHARCOAL / WOOD
- Ice is available for purchase at the curio shop.
- Although our chalets are supplied with Eskom electricity,
- Please do not use double adaptors in the plug points.
- Should you have concerns of any nature, we would like to be given an opportunity to address these at the earliest convenience, so please speak to the Hospitality Manager at reception.
- Feeding monkeys is strictly forbidden.
- Do not leave food unattended.
- Please keep all the windows and doors to your chalet closed thereby avoiding temptation for the monkeys.
- Displaying of fruit and food will tempt them to enter your chalet.
- We request your assistance in keeping areas clean at all the times by ensuring that there is no food over-spill, particularly oil and sugar, as these are an attraction to ants.
TV'S IN CHALETS
- Each chalet has been equipped with DSTV with hotel bouquets only.
- Please see enclosed TV instructions.
- Our tap water is safe to drink and a filled water bottle is in your refrigerator.
- Please do not use the oven and the large plate of the stove at the same time.
- Casual labour for chores may be organized at the office.
- Their wages will be paid directly by your selves.
BEACH ABULTION FACILITIES
- User-pay beach ablutions because or our community out reach policy, we create business opportunities whenever possible and one such opportunity is the service of the beach ablutions.
- Members of the community, who will be rendering such services will be charging R2,00 per person.
HOW WE WOULD LIKE TO BE PAID
- We honour most credit cards and accept cash.
- Any outstanding amounts which are incurred during your stay are payable on departure.